Types of hosting services
A hosting solution entails hoarding and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server hosted by a website hosting vendor. There are various types of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a peek at them. In that way, you can decide what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to launch a weblog, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some providers, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file hosting accounts frequently involve ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely mistaken explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the load between independent hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web site hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a kind of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share an enormous quantity of images with mates or colleagues since the service is usually free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to administering your email accounts. Some companies offer hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you wish to set up an email address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to manage as many videos as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to keep a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and emails, upload videos, etc. At Van Nimmen Hosting, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.